- Unless you have already collected the keys to the accommodation, you may cancel your booking by writing or sending an e-mail to us at [email protected], at any time during the 7 days after you have accepted the offer and paid your deposit. If you do that, we will make no charge and will return your Security Deposit to you within 21 days.
- Provided the 7 Day Cooling-Off-Period has expired, you will have to pay all amounts due under your Tenancy Agreement unless a replacement Tenant is found for your Room or you enter into a new Tenancy. If a replacement Tenant is found for your Room before your start date, we will release you from your Tenancy Agreement on the date seven days after the new Tenant’s Tenancy Agreement is signed. If a replacement Tenant is found for your Room after your start date, we will release you from your Tenancy Agreement from the start date of the replacement Tenant’s new Tenancy Agreement. If you have occupied the Room prior to this, you will be charged £50.00 to cover our costs of preparing the Room for the replacement Tenant.
- No Place No Pay (applicable to 1st year students only) – If you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and your offer of a place at your preferred University/Higher Education Institution is withdrawn by the University/Higher Education Institution as a result of you not achieving their required entry grades, you may be eligible to be released from this agreement. You may also be eligible to be released from this agreement if you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and you choose to go to a different University because you have exceeded your expected grades. To apply to be released from this agreement in the circumstances referred to above, you will need to supply us with a copy of:
- A written rejection letter from your chosen university/college or UCAS or a screen shot of your UCAS status which confirms that the required results were not achieved; or
- A copy of the proof of acceptance of your new university by UCAS adjustment.
These document(s) must be received by us within 7 calendar days from the date your results are published. Please email the documentation to [email protected]
On receipt of the required documentation it will be verified and, provided we are satisfied, we will cancel your agreement and refund any deposit or advance rent paid in full.
4. DENIED VISA CANCELLATION – if you are denied a VISA and as a result cannot enter the UK to partake in your University degree, then you can cancel your booking with no obligation to the contract, so long as evidence of the VISA denial is sent to us within 7 days of the letter/correspondence date. On receipt of the required documentation it will be verified and, provided we are satisfied, we will cancel your agreement and refund any deposit or advance rent paid in full.
COVID – 19 Supplementary Cancellation Conditions*
- In the event that a student is unable to move into the accommodation due to contracting Coronavirus then AXO will release them from their contract provided that supporting medical evidence is provided.
- In the event the student does not receive their VISA due to the Coronavirus then AXO will release them from their contract prior to them moving in. Supporting evidence must be submitted to AXO.
- Students who are already in our accommodation and choose to leave will not be entitled to any refund of monies paid and nor will they be released from their contract or future rent payment obligations.
- In the event that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you experience any unexpected delays to your University start date, then AXO Student Living will look to alter the start date of your accommodation contract in line with said delay. Contract alterations will only be considered if supporting evidence is provided in the form of a letter from the University and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.