01/07/2020 - Update
Covid Booking Guarantee - Our 4-point promise to you
We want you to know that whilst there may be uncertainty around your university course scheduling, study visas and/or travel arrangements to the UK, you can be certain that your accommodation is taken care of.
In these unusual times we’ve created the Covid Booking Guarantee for all students who have entered into a Licence Agreement starting in September 2020 and who pay their Licence Fees this month, and for all new bookings made on or before 31 July 2020.
This means you can secure a room booking now at the UK’s best student accommodation experience with complete confidence as you can cancel your accommodation with us with no further obligation should any of the following happen before you move in with us*:
No Visa: you have been denied a Visa, or your country’s visa office is closed/unable to process your visa in time
No Place: you have not secured a confirmed place of study in the UK for the upcoming academic year
No Travel: you are unable to travel to the UK because of any government-imposed travel bans, whether in the UK or in your own country
No Course: your course has been cancelled altogether, or you have been notified that all course content will be delivered fully online
If you have an existing booking with us and would like to understand how this affects you please arrange a call back
, or if you would like to make a booking, please contact us
for remaining availability.
Don’t let Covid-19 stop you from Beginning Big in 2020.
*Proof of the reason for cancelling your accommodation required
in each and all cases and Terms and Conditions** apply.
**Terms and Conditions
1. This [cancellation pledge] applies to all existing bookings and any new bookings made on or before 31 July 2020. Vita Student Management reserve the right to withdraw or extend the availability of this policy at its absolute discretion at any time.
In the event that the policy is withdrawn, any cancellation requests received before the withdrawal date with valid reasons in accordance with these terms and Conditions will still be honoured.
2. If you wish to cancel your booking under this [cancellation pledge] you should contact us on here within 48 hours’ notice of you becoming aware of the reason for your need to cancel. We will ask you to provide written evidence of the reason(s) for your cancellation.
3. Where the reason for cancellation is because of the ‘No Course’ option above, cancellation requests can ONLY be accepted if your study provider has either cancelled your course or changed the course to be taught entirely online, NOT where you have elected to study by correspondence rather than in person or chosen a later commencement date voluntarily.
4. A cancellation under this [cancellation pledge] will terminate your booking and licence agreement with us. We will provide you with a
full refund (usually within 30 days of date of cancellation) of all sums that you have paid to us for any booking, and you will have no further liability or obligation in relation to that booking.
5. The enhanced rights set out in the cancellation pledge will no longer apply to you once you have checked into your accommodation.
6. This [cancellation pledge] does not affect your statutory rights, nor any other terms and conditions of any booking or Licence Agreement that you may already have with us.
15/06/2020 - Update
Flexible start dates and policies tailored to you.
Every student’s circumstances are different, and we’ve always understood that at Vita Student. That’s why it’s important to talk to us about our flexible policies to see which ones will work best for you.
Contact us to get more information on this.
Universities are ready for you. Visa offices and language schools are open and we’re counting down the weeks until our students join us for a new academic year.
We know that making arrangements is a little more complicated this year so below is a quick guide to our flexible policy updates to make life easier.
If you wish to cancel:
- Firstly and most importantly, please talk to us. We have a dedicated team at the end of the phone that are available to discuss your options
- As always you are allowed to cancel with no obligation under their designated cooling off period*.
- And as normal, there is a policy available for those of you who are concerned about your Visa application or university place, allowing you to cancel without obligation*.
- We have now introduced a new policy that can be used in conjunction with the above designed to give comfort to those who are worried about government travel restrictions or university course delays, again allowing you to cancel without obligation should these scenarios happen*.
- If you would like to take advantage of the above, speak to our team and we will happily move your booking onto these policies.
Flexible start dates:
- Due to movement of traditional course and travel dates, we’ve introduced flexible tenancy start dates allowing you to start your contract and move in, on any chosen Saturday throughout September and October.
- These new flexible start dates include new, shorter 44- and 47-week tenancies available in most residences.
No security deposit
To help our students save a little extra money during this unprecedented time, we have decided to remove our usual £350 security deposits from ALL bookings.
*T&Cs apply regarding these policies so please speak to a member of the team as soon as possible if you wish to take advantage. To cancel outside the cooling off period, we may require documentation to confirm one of the above reasons listed.
General Cancellation Policy
We allow a 5-day cooling off period after paying the Advance License Fee if your accommodation is booked prior to 25th May 2020. After the 25th May 2020, the cooling off period becomes 48 hours.
If you cancel within 5- days (or 48 hours after 25th May), the Advance Payment will be fully refunded to the account from which it was paid. Once you have booked and the 5- days has elapsed (or 48 hours after 25th May), you are bound into a legal licence agreement which requires you to pay the for the full period of the licence agreement. We suggest if you are unsure about exam results, receiving your visa or other condition on you attending University that you contact us to discuss on +44(0)203 096 1717.
After booking and the expiry of the 5-days (or 48 hours after 25th May), the only way to release yourself from the license agreement is to find a replacement tenant who will take on the full liability for payment of the License Fee.