Flex check in 2020/21
- This offer applies to all existing customers who booked directly with Unite Students or Liberty Living and have already completed a Tenancy Agreement for a room with Unite Students or Liberty Living, and all new customers who complete a booking and complete a Tenancy Agreement for 2020/21 directly with Unite Students or Liberty Living on or before 31st August 2020.
- To be eligible to benefit from this promotion the original 2020/21 Tenancy Agreement must be for a minimum tenancy length of 34 weeks, with a tenancy check in date on or before 31st October 2020. This promotion excludes all short stays and/or semester stays.
- In order to benefit from this promotion a customer’s university or higher education institute (HEI) must delay the start of the 2020/21 Academic Year for the customer’s course. In the event that they do so we will be willing to defer the check in date of that Tenancy Agreement and credit the customer’s account for the unused complete calendar weeks of the tenancy, up until the earlier of (1) a period of one calendar week before the new Academic Year start date, (2) the 31st October 2020, subject always to the terms set out in this promotion.
- This offer also applies to customers whose course starts initially online only. You can apply for this offer if the face to face teaching for your course has a delayed start date.
- We will continue to monitor university and HEI Academic Year start dates and may review or amend this offer accordingly.
- If a university or HEI delays the start of the Academic Year and a customer wishes to delay their check in date under this promotion they will need to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st August 2020.
- Having received contact from a customer we will make a web-form available for the customer to complete on or before 7th September 2020 to inform us of their request for a new check in date in line with the above. We will then cross check this information against their Tenancy Agreement and HEI Academic Year dates before applying the promotion.
- The customer’s account will be adjusted to reflect the new check in date and any future payment changes once the customer has checked into their accommodation for the 2020/21 Academic Year. Customers who have paid for the whole of their 2020/21 tenancy in full before they check in will receive a refund for the unused weeks, after they have checked in.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- Unless you have already collected the keys to the accommodation, you may cancel your booking by writing or sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com, at any time during the 7 days after we send you an e-mail confirming your booking is complete (the “7 Day Cooling-Off Period”). If you do that, we will make no charge and will return your any deposit or any payment of advance rent to you.
- Provided the 7 Day Cooling-Off-Period has expired, you will have to pay all amounts due under your Tenancy Agreement unless a replacement Tenant is found for your Room or you enter into a new Tenancy. If a replacement Tenant is found for your Room before your start date, we will release you from your Tenancy Agreement on the date seven days after the new Tenant’s Tenancy Agreement is signed. If a replacement Tenant is found for your Room after your start date, we will release you from your Tenancy Agreement from the start date of the replacement Tenant's new Tenancy Agreement. If you have occupied the Room prior to this, you will be charged £50.00 to cover our costs of preparing the Room for the replacement Tenant.
No Place No Pay – applicable to 1st year students only. If you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and your offer of a place at your preferred University/Higher Education Institution is withdrawn by the University/Higher Education Institution as a result of you not achieving their required entry grades, you may be eligible to be released from this agreement. You may also be eligible to be released from this agreement if you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and you choose to go to a different University because you have exceeded your expected grades. To apply to be released from this agreement in the circumstances referred to above, you will need to supply us with a copy of:
- a written rejection letter from your chosen university/college or UCAS or a screen shot of your UCAS status which confirms that the required results were not achieved; or
- a copy of the proof of acceptance of your new university by UCAS adjustment.
- These document(s) must be received by us within 7 calendar days from the date your results are published. Please email the documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. On receipt of the required documentation it will be verified and, provided we are satisfied, we will cancel your agreement and refund any deposit or advance rent paid in full.
What if my course has already been delayed beyond October 31st?
We are monitoring University start date delays and will continue to review our policies. At the moment we can only confirm delays up to Oct 31st will be covered
What if my course is offering online teaching?
If your university is offering online teaching only, then you can delay your check in date until 31st Oct.
What if my course is offering a mix of online and face to face teaching
If your university has some face to face teaching but you are choosing not to go in then you can't delay your check in.
What if my course is offering online teaching and I no longer want to move in?
If you wish to cancel your booking then our standard cancellation policy applies
When will I get the online form to fill in?
We are monitoring university decisions on start dates and will send you the webform once we have all the information we need to build the form. This may take a few weeks.
How will I get my refund ?
Once we have sent you a link to the online form, and you have filled it in, then we will process your delayed check in date. We will update your rental instalment plan after you have checked into your property. The installments due after you check in will be adjusted to reflect the credit for unused weeks, due to your delayed check in date. We will only credit full calendar weeks (not individual days)
Do I still need to pay my first installment if it's due before I check in?
Yes, you need to pay your installments on the due date until we tell you that we have adjusted your installments. Your installments after check in will be adjusted to reflect the credit for unused weeks.
What if I am due to pay all my rent up front before I move in?
Please pay the full amount as planned. We will credit your bank account once we have adjusted your Unite account after you have checked into your property
When will I get my refund ?
The refund for complete unused weeks will be applied to your payment plan / account after you have checked in
What evidence will I need to validate my request for delayed check in?
We will let you know what information we need when we send you the link to complete the webform. We will probably need proof from your university that your course start date has been delayed, or that your course will be online only at first. We are monitoring universities and reviewing information all the time so we will let you know as soon as this is confirmed.
What's the deadline for letting you know that I want to delay my check in date?
You must let us know by 31st August 2020 if you want to delay your check in date
What's the deadine for filling in the webform?
You must complete the webform on or before 7th September 2020
I don't know if I will be able to travel / get a visa / get my place at uni
Then you will be covered by our 'no place, no pay' and 'no visa, no pay' policy. Check the T&Cs on the website. You need to send us proof within 7 days, and before 31st August 2020.