Flexible Check in Policy
- Currently applicable to students with bookings for Holbrook, City Point, River Street Tower, Marinus Studios, The Railyard, The Lyra, The Arch, Electra and The View.
- This offer applies to all customers in specified properties who complete a Tenancy Agreement for accommodation with Downing Students for the academic year 2020/21.
- To be eligible to benefit from this promotion the original Tenancy Agreement must be for a minimum tenancy length of 35 weeks, with a tenancy check in date on or before 31st October 2020. This promotion excludes all short stays and/or semester stays.
Term dates changed?
The following procedure applies if your university changes the official start date of your course:
- In order to benefit from this promotion a customer’s university or higher education institute (HEI) must delay the start of the 2020/21 Academic Year for the customer’s course. In the event that they do so we will be willing to defer the check in date of that Tenancy Agreement and credit the customer’s account for the unused complete calendar weeks of the tenancy, up until the earlier of (1) a period of two calendar weeks before the new Academic Year start date, (2) the 31st October 2020, subject always to the terms set out in this policy
- Official evidence from the University that the face-to-face course you are enrolled on is has been delayed must be sent to the halls team before 3rd August 2020. If sufficient evidence is provided, we will change your tenancy start date to two weeks before the date which your course now commences. We will send you written confirmation of your new tenancy start date.
- If your course is being delivered online but you are still required to attend study groups, tutorials etc. in person then this would not qualify as a criterion for deferring your start date.
The following procedure applies if government-imposed travel restrictions prevent you from travelling to the UK:
- If you secure your accommodation and Government imposed travel restrictions prevent you from travelling to the UK to take up your place at university, official written evidence from the University confirming that you have cancelled your studies and will not be enrolled as a student at the University for the 2020/21 academic year must be sent to the halls team before 3rd August 2020. If sufficient evidence is provided, you will be eligible for release from the tenancy agreement and the full deposit will be returned.
Alternatively, you may request that the start of your tenancy be changed to the first day of the month in which the restrictions are lifted and you are able to travel to the UK. Please submit your request to the halls team before the 3rd August 2020. If sufficient evidence is provided, we will change your tenancy start date to the first day of the month in which the travel restrictions are lifted. We will send you written confirmation of your new tenancy start date. We will also apply a credit to your account for the accommodation fees for the period from your original tenancy start date to the new tenancy start date.
We will continue to monitor university and HEI term start dates and may review or amend this offer accordingly, therefore this information should be checked regularly.
Customers who book accommodation directly through a university are advised to contact their university accommodation office and will not be eligible for this promotion unless they have a completed Tenancy Agreement directly with Downing Students.