You may cancel within seven days of signing your agreement online. You have the right to the return of your deposit and any rental amounts paid in relation to your booking.
You will lose your right to cancellation as soon as you collect the keys from the reception team even if this is within seven days of signing your agreement.
First year students and first-time residents
If you are a first year student or you are residing in the Building for the first time, you may request to cancel and have any deposit and rental amounts which relate to your booking returned to you if:
- You do not receive an unconditional offer from your University. You may request to cancel up to seven days following the release of A Level Results by providing your cancellation request in writing along with supporting evidence that the required results have not been achieved for you to take up your course.
- You require a visa to study in the UK, but your visa application has been rejected. You may request to cancel up to seven days after rejection of your visa application and no later than seven days following the release of A-Level results by providing your cancelation request in writing along with supporting evidence that your Visa application has not been successful.
Ongoing students and returning residents
If you are an ongoing student or returning resident of the building, you may request to cancel and have any deposit and rental amounts which relate to your booking returned to you if:
- You are notified by your university that your course will be taught 100% online for the next academic year. You may request to cancel up to the 31 March in the year of your next contract starting in September.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking and resell your room if you fail to collect your key within 14 calendar days of the booking start date. You remain liable for all amounts due under the agreement until the room is sold and for any lost rental amounts between bookings which we may deduct from any deposit we hold.
If the first rent instalment is due prior to the booking start date and it is not received as cleared funds within seven days of the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and resell the room. You remain liable for all amounts due under the agreement until the room is sold and for any lost rental amounts between bookings which we may deduct from any deposit we hold.
If after the start date of your booking you would like to be released from the agreement and a replacement resident is found by you who we believe to be eligible in our absolute discretion, we will release you from the agreement, from the date the new agreement with the new resident takes effect. Your deposit will then be refunded and we will charge a fee amount equal to our costs of preparing your room for the new occupant. You will remain responsible for any rental arrears outstanding on the date the agreement ends.
If, after the commencement of your booking, you would like to be released from the agreement but you have not found a replacement resident (as described above) to take over the agreement then we reserve the right to retain the deposit and you will remain liable for the full rent and other charges detailed in your agreement until the booking ends.
These terms are for direct bookings only and some agreements may differ. The full terms and conditions of your booking can be found in your agreement, which you can access on the resident portal https://my.campuslivingvillages.co.uk/app.
No visa no pay/no charge if you don’t get into university
- Applicable to students arriving in September 2021 only.
- If the student (“You”, “Your”) require a VISA to study in the UK and you do not get your university offer or your VISA is rejected, Campus Living Villages (“CLV”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) will cancel your accommodation agreement, and refund any deposit and/or advance rent paid to us in full.
- You must send a visa application rejection or University CAS rejection letter to us up to 7 days after A level results day.
- The deadline specified in point 3 only applies to students who have a booking starting in September 2021. If you have a booking that starts at any other time, please refer to the policy in your agreement.
- We reserve the right to end, extend or amend this promotion at any time.
- We reserve the right to limit this promotion at any stage.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.